* A minimum of one credit
** Take either third or fourth year in the year that Bus 350 is offered (spring odd)
*** Take either third or fourth year
Alternative Year Course Offerings:
- Fall Odd - Acc 332, Bus 339
- Fall Even - Acc 315, Acc 335
- Spring Odd - Acc 415, Acc 427, Bus 350
- Spring Even - Acc 312, Acc 411
- To earn a Bachelor's degree from Doane College - Crete campus, students must complete 123 credit hours. Students who graduate with a Bachelor's degree and who have completed the Accounting major coursework above qualify to sit for the CMA Exam upon graduation. See the requirements below for the CPA Exam.
- ACC 104 and above must be completed in residence through the Division of Economics and Business at the Doane College School of Arts and Sciences.
Requirements to write the CPA Examination in the State of Nebraska:
Any student interested in taking the CPA examination in Nebraska must meet the state-mandated "150-hour rule." Students should work closely with their academic advisor to be sure that they are aware of all available options, which may include graduate work.
- Complete all requirements for the Accounting major as outlined above (all topic areas require to sit for the Exam are covered in Doane coursework).
- Complete a total of 150 hours of credit (not including CPA review course).
Complete 36 credits in general business subjects. The general business courses required to sit for the CPA Exam include: macroeconomics, microeconomics, business law, marketing, management, finance, business communication, business ethics, quantitative applications in business and principle of accounting.