Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing the Environmental Science program, students will:
- Use critical and creative thinking to understand, formulate, and apply the principles of environmental and earth system sciences that related to land, air, and water;
- Identify and communicate the complex relationships between approaches to environmental issues and the diverse political, social, and economic perspectives on the environment;
- Demonstrate information literacy by locating, interpreting, synthesizing, and applying relevant information sources through capstone, presentation, and writing projects;
- Express themselves clearly in written and oral form on a variety of environmental topics.
- Apply the scientific method by engaging in hypothesis formation, testing, and problem solving;
- Make informed decisions on issues of local, national and global environmental significance based on an understanding of the interrelationships between humans and natural earth systems.