As a result of completing the Environmental Studies program, students will:
- Understand fundamental environmental, physical, and biological principles that govern natural processes.
- Understand fundamental concepts from the social sciences and the humanities underlying environmental thought and governance.
- Demonstrate information literacy by locating, interpreting, synthesizing, and applying relevant information sources through capstone, presentation, and writing projects.
- Express themselves clearly in written and oral form on a variety of environmental topics.
- Make informed decisions on issues of local, national and global environmental significance based on an understanding of the interrelationships between humans and natural earth systems.