Jul 22, 2024  
ARCHIVED 2023-24 Undergraduate Catalog 
ARCHIVED 2023-24 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Substance Use Counseling Minor Advising Guide

(CAS: Available to non-residential and residential students)



The Substance Use Counseling minor is designed to meet all of the requirements for licensure as a Provisional Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (PLADC) by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services - Professional and Occupational Licensure issue.


This is a very general advising guide and Human Relations faculty should be consulted for advising and course selection. Courses may be offered in different terms than what is presented below. Human Relations faculty will be able to advise what is appropriate for each student depending on course availability each semester and student need.




Winter 1

Winter 2



HRE 318  

HRE 321  

HRE 417  

HRE 315  

HRE 232  

PSY 234  


HRE 428  

PSY 416  

PSY 259  


Additional requirements: HRE 421 (6 credits)

**Individuals pursuing the Provisional Alcohol and Drug Counselor license are required to obtain 300 hours of supervised clinical work experience providing alcohol & drug counseling services to clients. The 6 credit internship (HRE 421) provides these supervised clinical hours required for licensure. HRE 421 will be scheduled for the final term/terms of the minor. Students MUST consult with Human Relations faculty to plan and schedule HRE 421 and Human Relations faculty MUST approve all HRE 421 enrollments.