Associate Professor Pauwels
Assistant Professor Schock-King
The psychology major consists of theoretical and applied courses that benefit students interested in obtaining a broad understanding of human behavior through systematic exposure to the content and methods of psychology. The major prepares students for graduate level work in psychology as well as careers including but not limited to those in the human service settings.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing the Psychology program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the major theories and key concepts in the main content areas of psychology.
- Demonstrate information literacy and understand its role in psychological research and application.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply psychological theories and key concepts to understand a defined topic, experiential opportunity or research.
- Demonstrate their understanding of key concepts and methodology of empirical psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively about the discipline of psychology in written and/or verbal form.